ORBERA® - Managed Weight Loss System
What is ORBERA®?
ORBERA® is a non-surgical weight loss procedure designed to help you maintain healthy nutrition habits for a lifetime. Through a simple, non-surgical outpatient procedure, ORBERA® provides effective, motivating results that you can see. With ORBERA®, patients on average lose 3.1 times the weight they would with diet and exercise alone. Now FDA approved, there have been more than 220,000 ORBERA® placements worldwide.
How does it work?
The ORBERA® weight loss balloon is placed in your stomach to reinforce proper portion control. The soft balloon takes up space in your stomach to help you eat smaller meals.
- The balloon is temporary. It is placed in your stomach for six months without surgery or any incisions.
- While the balloon is in place, patients will receive coaching from a team of experts, which may include a dietitian, psychologist and exercise physiologist.
- Coaching continues after the balloon is removed at six months for a total of 12 months.
The procedure: placement and removal
The non-surgical procedure is done under a mild sedative. First, the thin and deflated ORBERA® balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it is about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day. At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the balloon is first deflated and then removed. Watch an animation below.
The weight loss is rapid, with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment. The adjustments to eating habits and patients' continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence their results.
Why choose ORBERA®?
- After six months with the ORBERA® two-part program, people lost an average of 3.1 x the weight patients lost with diet and exercise alone.
- ORBERA® is a reversible, non-surgical weight loss procedure.
- Proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed.
- A more than 20-year history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- More than 220,000 ORBERA® balloons have been distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
- With the FDA approval of ORBERA®, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option.
Am I a candidate for ORBERA®?
To qualify for ORBERA® you should be an adult with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 to 40, and be willing to participate in a medically-supervised program.
Dr. Keith McEwen and the Community Bariatric Services - Hamilton team are the premier providers of the ORBERA® managed weight loss system in the Indianapolis area. For more information, call us at 317-621-2511 or attend a FREE seminar to learn more about ORBERA® for weight loss.